Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rebekah

Meet Rebekah

Rebekah is my niece. She turned 28 in January.

Last year, she went to the doctor for a headache that just wouldn't go away.
The doctor found a tumor.
They operated and removed most of it.

Then came the radiation:


And chemo.
It made her hair fall out. :(

I was proud of her when she took ownership and shaved the rest off.
SHE owned that cancer, not the other way around!

Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?!?

Now it's growing back in...

but she's on a second round of chemo because two more tumors were found.

Rebekah is on my American Cancer Society Relay for Life Team- The GooFy Gang.

Would you please consider a donation for our team?

http://www.relayforlife.org/battlegroundwa

And while you're there, sign up on our team! There's plenty of space!

1 comment:

annaliese said...

hello, Rebekah! so glad to 'meet' you! you are going to love being on Heidi's team--it was one of the funnest times I've had!

While I won't be able to walk with you all this year :( I will certainly be donating! go Goofy Gang!!!!