Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yard Sale-ing

We don't normally go to yard sales,
but today we combined a bike ride with yard sale-ing.
We came across a pretty freebie.


Complete with case.


It runs, now that I've oiled it.
It's a model 128-3, built May 1st, 1950.
I even found the manual online.
I LOVE the internet.

Unfortunately, to get it to usability status, I need these:

This is the bobbin and shuttle.
The machine didn't come with these.
I found this set on ebay, but it's $20.
I'm going to call a couple sewing machine places here in Vancouver to see if maybe they have them or know where else I could get them, preferably cheaper.
If not, I'll ask my friend to help me bid.
I don't ebay.
I just don't. :)

2 comments:

Lorrene said...

How lucky was that!!! I love it.

StefRobrts said...

That is a really neat find!