Monday, December 29, 2008

Back when...

For some reason, I've been in a reflective mood lately. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the season. I don't know.
This is a picture of my Daddy, holding me at Granny's house. I know it's at her house because of the cupboards in the back. One whole wall in her dining room was nothing but cupboards.

Another pic of me, only Mom's holding me. I'll have to find the original and scan it to get her head back in the picture. Not sure why she was cropped out in the first place.


This is the only picture ever taken of me with Papa and Granny. It was my 1 year birthday and they gave me that toy guitar. Grand plans were made to teach me how to play guitar, banjo, violin/fiddle and piano.
(sigh...) Papa died of liver cancer 3 months after this picture was taken.
I cherish this picture.

No comments: