Saturday, September 18, 2010

Long overdue update

On the work front:
Kayla is 14 months old now, walking, talking some, signing and is overall a fun little one to be with.


Theater:
I directed "12 Angry Pigs" July 2nd, which was a ton of fun.


We're opening "Murder in Green Meadows" on October 1st.

"Mama Vs. The Mob" is October 23rd, which Martin is in. He's a gangster. :) I'll have to get pictures of him in his costume.

We will be resurrecting the zombie hoard for the Halloween show, "The 50th". I get to be a zombie and help out with make up.


Yes, we're doing THREE SHOWS for October.

We just held auditions for "She Loves Me", our Christmas show. I will only be House Manager for that one.

November is auditions for "Over the River and Through the Woods", which I will Assistant Director for.

Family:
Kelsie is a Senior this year. She just signed up to volunteer at the Humane Society and will be working with cats. I think this will be part of her Culmination Project.

I've discovered Geocaching, a fun treasure hunt type "game" you play using a GPS. It will probably have to be put on hold during the rainy season. That's okay. :) They will still be there when it finally dries up.



Yes, those are geocaches. The 5 way splitter, the bubblegum and the rock all held logs that we were to sign, then get online and say we found them. The big black thing next to the rock is Merilee's Grandpa's HUGE and ANCIENT GPS unit, but by golly, it works!

My Geocaching buddies: Jaynie, Karen and Merilee.


We went to Disneyland in July... FINALLY. We had promised Kelsie we'd take her when she was 10. That didn't work out. We finally made good on our promise, 8 years later. We had a blast!! Disneyland for 3 days, Knot's Berry Farm, Universal Studios and Medieval Times.



Future plans:
I'm looking at doing a Triathlon in July 2011. The Girlfriends and Dudes Triathlon consists of a 1/2 mile swim downstream the Columbia, a 12.5 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run, which I will power walk. I will be posting more about this later.

No comments: