Thursday, January 14, 2010

It could be worse...

but I'm glad it's not. :)
By "worse", I mean I could have this job:




I suppose if I really, truly, absolutely needed SOME sort of job, I would be thankful for it. But I'm glad it's not gotten to that point yet.

Went to a resume writing workshop at Worksource today. Usually their workshops are dull and dry, but I actually got something out of this one: I got one on one help! I've found that it's extremely difficult to get help at Worksource unless you're the squeeky wheel type.
I'm not.
Not usually.
This time I just got lucky.

After the workshop, I found a spot to sit and each lunch, then got out and wandered a bit, playing with my new camera. What a creepy looking tree. I may go back after it's leafed out and get another shot.



A couple friends of mine are doing the Couch to 5K program.
The first day of the program calls for alternating 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking. Riiiiight... being asthmatic, I know that this will be close to impossible. Sooo...
I "dumbed it down".
30 seconds jogging, then 5 MINUTES of recovery. I managed to jog a total of 4 times before the coughing REALLY hit. My hope is to slowly increase jogging time and reduce recovery time. More than likely I will never be able to jog a full 5K, but even just improving the length of time I CAN jog will be a benefit.

2 comments:

StefRobrts said...

Good for you! Make it work for you. Anything is better than nothing. I don't really see myself ever running 5k (I mean really, just look at me), but I figure any exercise is better than nothing at all!

Mer said...

I'm proud of you, Heidi! Keep it up. :) Whatever you do will be good for your heart and body.