Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What a day.

No walk on the treadmill for me today. Instead I met Martin over at Firstenburg for a rousing game of Pickleball!!

What is Pickleball you ask?

Imagine playing ping pong with a whiffle ball on a court about a two thirds the size of a tennis court.

That's Pickleball.

It's great fun!
Martin and I didn't get to play together; instead I was paired up with a very nice guy named Keith.

Now, I'm not an amazing athlete by any shade of the imagination.

Nor am I really any good at Pickleball.

But somehow, we came up with a system and we won 2 out of the 3 games we played.
It was AWESOME!!

I scored several points in a row, I vollied like I had never vollied before and... wow.

I am very proud of how well I did.

Now if I can just get my racket arm to settle down. :) It's a little sore.

Today's viral fun on facebook included putting a picture of yourself as a kid as your profile picture.

Here's mine:

No comments: