Friday, June 17, 2016

2007- Painting and Paranoia



******************************
*WARNING*
I am using software to track who reads this blog.
******************************

After Dad’s memorial, I didn’t get back to Othello until April of 2007. My contact with her was limited to phone calls.
------------------------

 April 9, 2007
Yowza. What a week at Mom’s. We went shopping. Went to the lawyer (Mom had the will changed- sigh…) tore down the paneling in the dining room and living room and painted. 
I also climbed up on the roof to inspect that guy’s work. I want to wring his neck! He didn’t glue down the loose ones and he left nail heads exposed!  He also only used 28 shingles when Don said he had used three packages. Uhmm!! NO!! I told mom to never call that guy again. The fence needed mending but I would need another body to help move that section. The gate needed fixed but I didn’t get a good look at it. And the eastern slope of the roof needs to be redone completely. So much to do and NO HELP!
Kelsie was bored SOLID at Mom's. And of course when Kelsie asked to walk to the park, Mom was all DOOM AND GLOOM on her. "You'll get killed or maimed or kidnapped." Sigh... I don't remember Mom being that bad when I was a kid. Somehow I think moving her over here will be a BAD thing. More things to kill you. (Rolling eyes) Plus, she'd get ME so down; I wouldn't want to go out of my house. Sigh...

---------------------------
Memory flashback:
She wanted the paneling torn down and the walls painted, “to freshen it up”. Once again, at the mention of work, none of the other relatives showed up to help.
The same day the will was changed, she also took my Dad’s name off both bank accounts and put mine as secondary. Again, HER idea.

Photos:

  

My patch job:

 

 
 
     
I even painted the ceiling.

---------------------------

April 10, 2007
I am feeling so overwhelmed and cranky I feel like the whole weight of the world is on my shoulders.
Mom called last night with a major crisis and a minor crisis. Both were taken care of with a phone call each. Sigh...

April 30, 2007
My mom called Thursday while I was at rehearsal. I'm going to Othello next Thursday on the 3rd to pick up mom then take her on to Wenatchee. She tried to find someone else but everyone over there is just not dependable.

---------------
Memory Flashback:
She had a doctor’s appointment in Wenatchee, but none of the family members on that side of the state could bother with taking her, so I had to drive across the state to get her, take her to the doctor’s appointment, then back to Moses Lake.
---------------

June 12, 2007
Mom wanted me to call her. She's upset about Marta getting in to her medical file. So, Friday, we're going to call the Privacy Officer to see what they have to say. If they don't do anything, then we'll go to the attorney. Sigh... If it isn't one dang thing...

 June 14, 2007
Mom called me at work, sobbing. She went ahead and called the Privacy Officer on Marta, but didn't give Marta's name, just her own. They may have already figured out who's been getting in to Mom's files.
---------------
Memory Flashback
My niece, Marta, worked in the clinic where my mother went. Marta had access to medical records. Somehow my mother “caught” Marta looking in her medical records. I’m still not quite sure what happened, if Marta was being snoopy or clicked on the wrong button or what. I don’t know if she was reprimanded or put on probation… or if it was some way of my mother “punishing” Marta for something. It may just have been my mother starting some drama. Who knows? That’s what narcissists do.
-----------------

 August 8, 2007
I was headed out the door at 9am to walk, but Mom called. Someone prank called her pretty much all night. Yikes. It's a Yakima number, but it's a cell phone. So she called Katherine to see if she knew if it was Tina's number, and of course I had to wait til she called back... yawn. So there went my walk out the window.

September 25, 2007
Thursday-went with Mom to her appt.
Friday- I did a whole bunch of "Honey-Do's"
Saturday- I spent most of the day on the roof. Sigh... Mom needs a new roof. The adhesive is failing. 

November 3, 2007
I called Mom and kept spacing out on her. She goes on and on and over and over. Ugh! Let it rest!

 November 11, 2007
She’s seeming to kind of lose her memory, too. She keeps asking questions that we’ve
gone over several times before.

--------------
I was beginning to see more paranoia and the mind games, as well as the memory lapses, though I’m not sure if they were true lapses or if she had told so many versions of the story that she didn’t recall which version she had told me. 

 Characteristics of a narcissistic mother



No comments: