Friday, June 3, 2016

FREEDOM!!!





July 8, 1989
Hi. I'm bored outta my gourd. Mom and Dad are in Moses and I'm locked up here. Damn! If only my car wasn't acting up. I think it just needs the oil  changed and to be run a little more often than it is. If it was running okay and the folks hadn't told me to stay home, I'd be down in the Tri-Cities right now.

July 17, 1989 
Howdy. Boy what a day! I am TIRED. I was rudely awakened by my mom and told to watch the neighbors so I decided to get up and get some things done. I fixed my bike then mowed the lawn for dad. 

Aug 20, 1989
(preface- a male friend of mine offered to let me move in with him)
Jean seems to think that Ma "will in the end help" me. I kind get the feeling that she'll want to disown me for moviing in with a guy. I wish I could tell her about my moving now, so I can start packing and stuff. But I want to have everything ready cause I know what she'll pull. "You don't have this done, so you can't move just yet!" I know she'll try to keep me here. And I don't want to stay. If she won't let me go, I'll just have to leave. I know it will break her heart, but if it's what I have to do to get out, I guess I'll do it. But I will try to talk to her first and if she won't listen, then I'll just write her and dad a nice letter and leave of my own accord. But I want to get started packing and stuff.

Aug 28, 1989 
If I could, I'd call and see about the job. But I know that when that call shows up on the phone bill, Ma will freak. I wish she would understand that I want out. ASAP! But I've tried talking with her. And she just won't listen! It's driving me CRAZY! Oh, well. I'll find a way out. I always have.

Sept 3, 1989 
I just might be moving to Pasco. It's a studio apartment, upstairs, with a garbage disposal and furniture if I want. It's $165 a month, though. I'm not too sure if I can afford that much a month. 
Okay, I figured it out: If I get a job at minitmum wage, $3.85 per hour, and work 6 days a week, and there's 4 weeks in a month, then I'd make about $650 or more a month. And I would pay Ma and Pa $25 every month for two years to pay off Jr. (my car).
I think I'm gonna go for it.
I really need to get out on my own. And Ma isn't having a cow or anything... yet! I'm gonna go for it! :) 

Sept 13, 1989 
I got the apartment! The first of October AND the manager of Arby's called.

Sept 17, 1989 
Life's going pretty good. I quit "Spuds", school starts tomorrow, I'm going to check about my apartment, and Arby's has called twice. 

Sept 20, 1989 
I start work at Arby's Thursday at 10:30am. In other words... I'm hired!

Sept 22, 1989
I can't believe that I am actually moving out. It's just too hard to believe. Next weekend, I'm gonna be arranging my very own apartment and actually living on my own. Wow. Ma is really screwed up about it: one day she'll be real eager that I'm finally gonna be out of her hair and the next day she'll be a real bitch about it. Well, to tell the truth, her moods can change in just a couple of minutes. It's crazy.

Oct 6, 1989 
Hi. I just got off work. Mrs. Morris (the landlady) called Wednesday to say that I could start moving my stuff in. And yesterday ma and I brought a load each. I'm spending the night here cause it's so late. I'm tired.
-------------------------------------


On July 17th I was "rudely awakened by my mom and told to watch the neighbors"
Her paranoia was rearing it's head. I didn't go into details in my journal about what the neighbors were supposedly doing. According to her, they would play music loud just to drive her crazy. Or park a foot into our driveway. Heck, just parking in front of our house NOT blocking a driveway was cause for a screaming fit. 

 


 


She actually let me move out!!!
 
Why? Two reasons:
1.) SHE got to pick the place

2.) She set it up with Mrs. Morris to spy on me. 

How do I know this? 
I was in Mrs. Morris’s apartment paying rent when my mother called her. My mother has a very loud voice, so I could hear her easily. She said something along the lines that she’d been calling my place for the last ten minutes and there was no answer. “Is Heidi’s car there?” Mrs. Morris looked out her living room window and said that she couldn’t see my car, that someone else was parked in the spot I normally park in. She suggested that I may have parked further down in the parking lot where she couldn’t see from her window. 

My mother then insisted that Mrs. Morris go outside to look for my car!! 

Mrs. Morris refused saying that she was helping a tenant who was there to pay rent, have a nice day and she hung up. She didn’t mention that I was there. I asked her how many times a day does my mother call… and she said three or four. 

I’m pretty sure Mrs. Morris was happy when I moved out.


1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.