Saturday, June 18, 2016

2012- Guilt Trips and Fires


 ******************************
*WARNING*
I am using software to track who reads this blog.
******************************


March 1, 2012 
I need free long distance on weekends. Mom keeps me on for HOURS. I didn't talk to her Sunday because I was at camp. Felt so good to not have to listen to her.

 March 21, 2012 
I feel like going out for a walk, even in the dreadful weather. I can hear mother screaming, though, "You'll DIE!! You'll DROWN!! Oh, woe is me, don't go OUT, something could HAPPEN!" Oy.

March 30, 2012 
I leave tomorrow for Moses. I haven't told Mom so I can take my time driving over. Coming home I will have to "HURRY so I don't worry so long!!!" Sheesh. She has no fucking clue how much that stresses me out.

May 22, 2012 
On a happy note, I DID walk 2 miles yesterday... the last half mile I did in the pouring rain and the entire time I heard my mother's voice SCREACHING "you'll catch your death of NEW-MOAN-YA!! Get in the house before you MELT!"



September 15, 2012
Mom called all a dither because they raised her rent to $680. So she got it up her ass that she was going to move. She found a lovely 2 bedroom with a washer and dryer for $750. She did the $38 credit check, put down a deposit and then found out that her rent only went to $608, NOT $680!
BUT Maxine went ahead and told the apartment manager that Mom wanted the apartment, so now Mom HAS to move or forfeit the deposit. 
ARGH!! And now Mom is whining that she doesn't WANT to move. She has crammed so much stuff into those two walk in closets you can no longer walk in. And even though the new place has a washer and dryer, she'll still find SOMETHING to bitch about because that’s how she wants to live.

September 16, 2012
So, I'm in Moses. Mom and I are going to the apt. complex and see if we can get her deposit back then re-up her lease here. 

September 17, 2012
Mission accomplished. We got Mom's money back and canceled the apartment. I played the Power of Attorney card and there ya go.
Sigh... Mom's really going downhill, though. She stumbles a lot. 



September 19, 2012
Mom thinks that since I work for myself, I can just up and close whenever I want. Oy.
She says she doesn't want to be in on the gossip at the apartment complex yet she can't keep her fucking mouth shut.  And she pisses and moans that Max can't keep HER mouth shut! Argh!
She started in on me about walking around barefoot! She has become so picky yet bitches about how picky Aunt Kathy is. And such a germaphobe! OMG!

December 3, 2012
Uncle Ken has dementia, Aunt Kathy is showing signs of it and Mom complains about Aunt Kathy and Anita calling repeatedly and telling her the same stories over and over again. Yet Mom tells the same stories over and over, too. Sigh...

--------------
Hindsight being 20/20, I can look at the whole “Maxine forced her to put down a deposit” situation from a different perspective. I suspect that MARY is the one that got her panties in a bunch about the rent, put down the deposit and then when she found out SHE had made the mistake about rent, SHE blamed MAXINE.
I had to drop everything, including a job interview, to drive over and take her to the apartment complex to see about getting her deposit back. She told me to take in the Power of Attorney paperwork and she would invoke it so she could get her money back. 

By this time, Martin and I had had our business up and running for 9 months. It wasn’t generating enough income for us to live off of, so I was trying to find another nanny job. I didn’t write entries about the interviews or what my mother would pull- She would ask me about upcoming interviews and what the date was so she could write them down on her calendar so she could "pray" for me. Sounds sweet and loving, doesn’t it?
What she would do, though, was to create a crisis that I would have to cancel the interview, drive over, put out the fire then when I would try to leave, she’s pout, “Well, I thought that since you’re over here, you could STAAAAY for a few days. But if you have to leave, I UNDERSTAND…”
DING, DING, DING*** GUILT TRIP!!!
This happened a few times before I finally caught on. When she’d ask about job interviews, I’d tell her, “nothing right now” and change the subject.




No comments: