Sunday, June 19, 2016

2014- Trying to please a narc



******************************
*WARNING*
I am using software to track who reads this blog.
******************************

January 30, 2014
Last Thursday mom called in a panic. Hugh the maintenance guy barged into her apartment and demanded that he fill out some financial paperwork for her. I was going to cal Shari the director but Mom was afraid Shari would get mad at HER. So I called Stewart Brown at Village Concepts . He said that NO, Hugh was not supposed to do that. I just called and left a message for Stewart to get a follow up call back. Sigh... and Max is pissed that SHE didn't get to call. Oy. Like I need her mouth going off and pissing people off.
 Mom called this evening and I told her three times that I had a stomach bug. Not ONCE did she ask if I was better now. That hurts. It was all about her.

April 24, 2014
It's amazing how self absorbed she has become.
I'm tired of hearing Mom bitch about Max and Jessica and the kids and the laundry room and the people at the apartment and the people at church and... yeah...

May 18, 2014
She says she's ready to go now.  


MOVING DAY
May 29, 2014
There truly is NO pleasing this woman. The ants are a valid problem. So is the dryer door being hard for her to open. But the stains on the  floor? She's driving herself into a frenzy. I tried to explain to her that it is NOT going to be perfect. She said she doesn't expect perfect but that the owner should put new flooring in for every new tenant. I told her if I was a landlord, I wouldn't put new stuff down because you don't know if the next person will take care of it. She just shook her head at me like "I'm right, you're wrong."
And Bob. Oh my... he came to "help" unpack but all he did was to cut open boxes, rummaged through each one and then carry it to her. He would stack them up all around her and she couldn't hardly move.

May 30, 2014
Apparently the previous tenant left the oven a mess and she's worked herself into a tizzy about it. She thinks the manager should clean it and that she should get a full month's rent off for it. 

June 6, 2014
More DRAMA! "There are ants EVERYWHERE!" I sent Martin out with Terro traps. He'll let me know how many there really are.
She also thinks that the manager of the apartment doesn't like her having a freezer or having an air conditioner. Honestly, I think it's just her thinking everyone is out to get her. 
 I just looked up "paranoia" and it describes Mom really well, especially the "everyone is out to get me" part.

June 26, 2014
I took Mom for a hair cut but she wasn't happy with the hair dresser. I know she won't be happy with ANYONE.

 
July 1, 2014
Got her a portable air conditioner and took the widow unit back...
It's amazing how Mom can make the SMALLEST thing into a BIG DEAL. 
OH MY GOD, THIS IS A JUST A HORRID PROBLEM AND IT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF NOW BEFORE I DIE!
No, seriously... call waiting doesn't pop up the caller ID when someone beeps in. Century Link doesn't have that feature. It just DOESN'T EXIST. I spent half an hour trying to explain to Mom that she can't order it because it DOESN'T EXIST. "So, I DON’T have call waiting???"
And the damn fucking "critical" message that Avast pops up... I'm tempted to change virus protection just to avoid the pain of having to tell Mom over and over, "it's a fucking commercial to get you to buy the extended version! "So, I need to pay money??" ARGH!

July 7, 2014
I could swim at Klineline or Vancouver Lake, but then I have mother screaming in my head. Dear God, it's a wonder I do ANYTHING with her mental influence going on in my brain.

July 27th 2014
Every little thing to mother is a major crisis. I checked in on her. The ants! The horror! Even the Terro Traps aren’t killing them off. I'd like to try the sugar/ baking soda/ borax mix again. Doubt that she will let me. I know it's sad, but I honestly think she would be happier if she were dead.
Having him so close is kind of a pain in the ass. Bob keeps hanging around I think he's hoping for money
------------------------
Memory Flashback:
My mother had a bout of stomach problems, so I took her into urgent care. He referred her to a gastroenterologist. I had also managed to get her set up with a general practitioner that was taking new Medicare patients. The doctor’s name was Dumler. When I told my mother the woman’s name, my mother smarted off, “What, is she DUMB or something???”
That’s when it really hit me that there was something seriously mentally wrong with my mother. Now she was attacking people just based on their names.

----------------------
August 11, 2014
Mom will not be happy even when she's dead. Sigh... and the last thing I need her doing is pissing off the manager and getting kicked out. But according to her, there are THOUSANDS of ants now. She will sit in the bathroom for hours and kill them off. Sigh. The Terro traps aren't working, probably because she's killing them before they can take the poison back to the colony. 

August 13, 2014
Mom says she wants to take back control of the account. I'm afraid that Bob is grooming her and trying to take over her money. What to do, what to do? She asked about having the statements sent to her again, but to do that, ownership would need to be switched back to her. I'm afraid Bob is trying to get a hold of the money.
She's also still being paranoid about the ants.
I need to call the apartment manager tomorrow and hear his side of the story. it most likely won't match up with mom’s because I know how paranoid she is. I just looked up paranoia disorder. Most people don't seek treatment because they don't believe anything is wrong with them. And Mom doesn't see it.
I'm supposed to take Mom for a haircut tomorrow, but I just don't feel like dealing with her on 3 hours of sleep. I'm thinking of having Martin call her and tell her I have a migraine, but then that will add to the paranoia against me. Yeah, I think Bob may be grooming her.
Oh my God! She’s claiming I'm incompetent and that she's going to get legal help to get her money back even though she has access to it! She wants paper statements sent to her apartment.
Oh, and she is thinking about taking a chair in the bathroom so she can sit there and read a book and kill ants. (facepalm)
She has turned against Cortina. She said that when Cortina came to help move, she would take off with Mom's purse. *I* know Cortina wouldn't that.